Strengthen foundational skills
Occupational therapy can assist children in understanding and working with their bodies to complete essential life skills and chores at home and school. Handwriting, cutting, tying shoelaces, self-care, concentration, attention, coordination, balance, and mobility are all core skills that can help your child get the most out of their learning environment.
At AHP, our occupational therapist aims to improve your child's abilities so that they can fully participate in daily activities.
Every child is unique, and the objectives will be determined by their specific needs and goals.
Children can benefit from occupational therapy in the following ways:
- Be more self-sufficient in personal care and daily activities
- Improve engagement in daily activities such as mealtimes and playtime by developing self-care skills
- Develop handwriting and fine motor skills
- Understand and manage sensory needs.
- Have appropriate equipment, such as a wheelchair for daily activities